TagsAbout MPEE Adobe Books Brazil Broadband BSA Canada China Copy Culture Data Europe File Sharing Germany Greece HADOPI Mexico Microsoft Movies MPAA Music Network Effects New Zealand Open Source Organized Crime Public Subsidies RIAA Russia social media Software Studies Terrorism UN US USA Washington Declaration
- ‘Big Deals’ and Publisher-Library Competition
- On Informal Internet Freedoms (also, Paragraphs I Wish I Had Written Differently)
- The Curse of Tanya Grotter
- Broadband Adoption in Low-Income Communities
- Presenting ‘Copy Culture in the US and Germany’
- Canadian Book Pirates
- The ‘Kill the Hobbit to Save Regular Earth’ Initiative
- A Behind the Scenes Look at the Making of ‘Kill the Hobbit Subsidies to Save Regular Earth’
- Copy Culture by Race and Ethnicity
- NPD Confidential 3: In Which We Defend Ourselves Against Charges of Drunk Blogging and Practicing Math Without a License
- America Says: Go Gently on Porn Pirate
- Reading EULAs: Not Just for the Crazy Anymore
- Could Pirate Romney Win/Have Won?
- Male Copiers are from Mars. Female Copiers are also from Mars
- Die, Substitution Studies, Die II: Well, OK, Maybe Some Should Live
- NPD Confidential II: Die, Substitution Studies, Die
- NPD Confidential
- Where do Music Collections Come From?
- Unauthorized File Sharing: Is It Wrong?
- Crime Inc. Inc.
Tag Archives: Organized Crime
Well, McGruff the Crime Dog has been dusted off for the fight against piracy, as part of a new Department of Justice-led campaign that Nate Anderson accurately calls “Reefer Madness for the digital age.” Our work on organized crime is … Continue reading
(updated, April 9) Sigh. I can see that engaging in this debate about organized crime and piracy means having to shoot down the same stuff over and over. You can look here if you want a detailed version of our … Continue reading